* Any views expressed in this opinion piece are those of the author and not of Thomson Reuters Foundation.
The overall aim of the course is to build capacity and improve the effectiveness of logistics specialists and non-specialists as well as humanitarian workers, on humanitarian logistics.
At the end of the course, participants would be able to:
- Understand the importance of logistics function in provision of humanitarian assistance.
- Learn the basics of managing logistics during humanitarian response.
- Appreciate the significance of coordinated ‘Supply Chain Management’ for an efficient and effective humanitarian response.
- Address the practical difficulties in Supply Chain Management in emergency response.
- Work towards optimizing the use of scarce resources during emergencies and enhancing the quality of humanitarian operations.
Who should apply for this course?
The course is suitable for participants from a wide range of backgrounds including; generalist humanitarian workers, specialist professionals deployed (or seeking deployment) in a particular field of expertise (engineering, public health, etc.), emergency response or management specialists with some experience of a major NGOs, transnational network or the UN, emergencies desk staff of humanitarian organizations, and government officials working in emergencies from the region.
How to Apply?
To register for this course, please click participant registration form. Your registration will be confirmed on receipt of the completed form and course fee. If you encounter any difficulty in filling the online form or for any queries regarding the training write to us at email@example.com.
In this training, emphasis will be on active learning through participatory group exercises, case studies, demonstrations, focused discussions and field work. Training is planned and presented in collaboration with relief agencies and specialist organizations. Informal exchange of experience is a vital part of every RedR India course. Every day ends with a period of reflection, evaluation, and questions. Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions, group work and a desk-based simulation.
Residential* - ₹40000/ $570
Non-Residential** - ₹ 26000/ $370
Special Rates*** - ₹19000/$270
* Includes tuition fee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshments during training and shared accommodation (room to be shared by two participants). ** Includes tuition fee, lunch and refreshments during training.
*** Only for Students & CBO Staff-kindly write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm eligibility.
The course fee is inclusive of applicable taxes in India.
Base currency for RedR India is INR. All the billing will be in INR, with equivalent USD / GBP or other currency rate prevailing at the time of billing being applicable.
Single occupancy rooms can be made available on request and with additional cost.
The training shall be conducted in English but as a RedR India policy, participants who are not very comfortable with English are also encouraged to participate, and are helped in every possible way.